2024 British Virgin Islands Flotilla
March 2nd – 9th, 2024 | Hosted by NauticEd
Known as the sailing vacation capital of the world –for good reason—the British Virgin Islands (BVI) are a picturesque group of islands in the Caribbean that check off all the elements of what makes a perfect Caribbean sailing vacation – ideal tropical weather, consistent winds, stunning islands, line of sight navigation, abundant nature, and as much relaxation or beach party adventure spots as you desire.
2024 British Virgin Islands Flotilla Overview
Saturday, March 2nd (6pm) – Saturday, March 9th (11am), 2024.
(first night in the marina and head out on sunday morning)
We welcome all, sailors and non-sailors alike.
NauticEd team members will be leading the flotilla:-
- Grant Headifen: Director of Education, Instructional Skipper on a 45 ft Leopard Catamaran
- Emily Leach: NauticEd Sailing Vacations Charter Agent and Instructional Skipper on a 45ft Monohull
- Mike Soutos: NauticEd Instructional Skipper on a Monohull or Catamaran (per request)
Boats and Costs
The NauticEd flotilla will offer a variety of Sunsail/Moorings monohulls and catamarans. You must book the boat through NauticEd Sailing Vacations (same price as direct)
(1) Private boat (monohull or catamaran) (rent the entire boat and fill it with friends and family)
- bareboat (you skipper)
- with optional skipper
- with optional NauticEd Instructional Skipper
Bareboat (you skipper): Costs vary by boat and amenities. Additional costs include flights, provisioning, mooring fees, water toys, re-fueling at the end of charter, and cruising tax which is around $30 per person for the week. We charge a $250 per cabin flotilla fee.
- Monohulls start at around $9000 for a 41-foot (3 cabin – 6 pax) (1-3 yr age)
- Catamarans start at around $16,000 for a 45-foot (4 cabin – 8 pax)
Skippered: Add $1820 for the cost of the Skipper to the above
(2) By the Cabin – (Instructional) Skippered:
- Grant’s 454L Catamaran SOLD OUT.
- Emily’s 46 ft – 3 cabin monohull (with generator) has TWO cabins available (Emily takes 1). SOLD OUT.
- Mike’s 424 – 4 cabin Catamaran – 3 cabins are available at present (Mike takes 1). $5900 per cabin. Inclusive of SUP, fuel, moorings, and light provisioning. $1200 total discount for booking all 3 cabins.
Please contact us to get a full and complete proposal
More about this Flotilla?
If you’re looking to gain some experiential training, then this is a great opportunity to hang with the best of the best trainers including hearing from NauticEd’s Owner and Global Director of Education – Grant Headifen. Grant will be operating and giving light instruction on the Cat 45. Emily would love to fill her boat and do women-only light instructional training on the monohull 45. Mike Soutos will be visiting from the Ionian islands in Greece – this is your chance to learn about the Greek islands while learning about the BVI as well on his monohull 45. Additionally, Mike will be giving light instruction.
Above, we say “light instruction” because – this is a vacation but with that comes gaining the experience of what a sailing vacation offers and some how-to’s when operating a boat on such a vacation.
Those who are competent skippers bringing their crew for family and friends are certainly welcome and encouraged to join the comradery. Or, those that want to just hang back and get captained around with their feet up in the hammock – we have a place and a captain for you as well.
The 2024 British Virgin Islands Sailing Flotilla is a casual flotilla without a ‘theme.’ This is NOT an adult-only flotilla, a party yacht week, or a flotilla focusing solely on hiking or wines or yoga. We’re laid back and run our flotillas that way. Of course, you’re welcome to explore as you see fit. There is a no ducks-in-a-row mentality; a flotilla offers you independence with peace of mind as well as fun and camaraderie with other flotilla sailors.
Why Sail the BVI?
- Easy to get to (fly into St Thomas and ferry to BVI (Tortola) or fly into Puerto Rico/BVI’s Beef Island)
- Sailing Capital of the World
- Pirate history
- Mix of relaxation and adventure
- Snorkeling, hiking, and nature abound
- Short sails with consistent trade-winds and line of sight navigation
- Stunning beaches
- Delicious Caribbean drinks
- Photographs of your adventure that will last a lifetime
- Great sailing for both new sailors and experienced
BVI Flotilla Sample Itinerary
This interactive map is a typical sample itinerary we have put together. More than likely we will do Itinerary #6. The route taken during the week will depend on prevailing and current weather. Tap the top left slider icon to see different routes. Note that Long bay on Night 1 is exposed to a westerly swell – if such conditions exist we will reposition into North Sound.
More about the BVI
Check out our BVI charter recap
Can’t Make it this Time?
Can’t make the flotilla, but want to sail the BVI—let the agents at NauticEd plan your perfect BVI sailing vacation. We know the area, we know the good companies (and the not so good). We don’t charge you a fee and you get our expertise. Inquire about a vacation in the BVI
Want to go somewhere else?
We are location experts. Chances are … we’ve been there! Mediterranean, Pacific, Caribbean, Asia, ‘Stralia Mate’, Indian Ocean, and many more! Inquire about a different sailing vacation