This article is meant to be read after your first week or so with NauticEd familiarization. By now you’ll know quite a bit about NauticEd and that NauticEd International Sailing School is soooooooo much more than online sailing courses. So here, I thought I’d make a short list of some of the most important things to do to ensure you’re getting the best experience from us and growing your sailing lifestyle. Most of them are FREE.
- On the How NauticEd Works macro button of NauticEd when you sign in, make sure you’ve watched all the daily training videos and read the attached articles. This is the best way to learn about everything we do.
- Take our recommended sailing lessons personal survey so that you can see which are the best sailing lessons for you personally.
- Fill out your experience logbook including your past experience under your Logbook macro button. This helps you rise in Levels.
- Complete the free Basic Sail Trim Course and the Free Navigation Rules course in your CURRICULUM.
- Complete your profile under the PROFILE tab.
- Tell us if you are interested in Bareboat Chartering under your PROFILE tab.
- Add your own personal promocode under the Gifts macro button and send this promocode out to sailing friends and post on facebook.
- Take advantage of our badge and status program – this helps you learn the right activities to become a big time sailor and beyond. Go to the BADGES tab. Learn about sailing badges and status here.
- See if you already qualify to Charter a sailboat on a sailing vacation
- Learn about how to gain your International Sailing License – the ICC
- Add your frequently used vessels to your Logbook under your Logbook macro button. This speeds up how you enter your sailing experience.
- Download our iPhone/iPad App. Take courses and tests off line. Update your logbook.
- Get a verified proficiency stamp on your sailing certificate by visiting one of our affiliated practical sailing schools.
- Register for the Bareboat Charter Master bundle of courses and get an international Sailing Certification
- When you’re ready to go chartering, we can help you discover a desired sailing destination and make the reservations/bookings for you for no fee. Visit our sailing vacations page.
- Engage in SeaTalks our Nano-Forum which helps you grow stronger with every post on every page.
Kinda like Bubba talking about the ways to do shrimp in the movie Forest Gump, that’s about all I can think of for now. Do the above and you’re well on your way to having an awesome and knowledgeable sailing lifestyle.
As the saying goes: How do you eat an elephant? – One bite at a time. Or more appropriately the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. Get started properly and engage fully with NauticEd. I guarantee you’ll be a better sailor for it.
Director of Education
NauticEd International Sailing School