Press Release: All Women Crew in Rolex Regatta
SAILING WOMEN INVITED TO RACE IN THE 38TH ANNUAL ST. THOMAS INTERNATIONAL ROLEX REGATTA
Escape the winter blahs and learn how to sail by joining the fun and excitement of participating with an all-woman crew in beautiful St. Thomas, USVI, March 2011!
NauticEd and Safe Passage Sailing, LLC invite you to “sail with the best” in a world class regatta with world class skipper and mentor Suzette Smith, leading an all women’s crew. This will be an experience not to be missed!
Whether it’s the adventure of cruising or the excitement of racing, there’s no place like being on a Safe Passage Sailing Charter. If you’re an intermediate to advanced female sailor, now you have the opportunity to join in on all the fun.
The St. Thomas Yacht Club and title sponsor Rolex are the hosts for this regatta known as the “Crown Jewel” of Caribbean racing that boasts “reliable breezes, warm azure waters and world-renowned Island hospitality.”
SPS Program includes:
- Exclusive charter of a Swan 51’ – Northern Child
- 2 race training days, lay day, 3 race days
- Racing pro Suzette Smith, licensed skipper, and 1st mate
- All race registration/entry fees
- All berthing fees, fuel, and on/off shore support
- Race equipment including spinnakers
- Breakfast at the St. Thomas YC on race days
- Lunch, snacks and beverages each day on the boat
- SPS stow bag with shirts, hats, and other gifts for each guest
- Event management
- Event and crew photographs
- Transportation will be provided/arranged from/to airport, marina to YC parties
Program Cost: $3275 per person
Accommodations and airfare not included. Group hotel accommodations and transportation options TBA.
Racing Pro Suzette Smith International Racing and Cruising Specialist will be onboard Northern Child in the role as coach/mentor. Suzette is a seasoned licensed charter captain with a USCG Masters 100 ton and ASA certified instructor on yachts 38’-70’+.
In 2006 she was named ASA’s “Outstanding National Instructor of the Year.”
Ms Smith has participated in numerous high caliber sailing campaigns such as Team Pegasus, the first and only all-woman America’s Cup team, America 3, which raced in the 1995 America‘s Cup defenders series, as well as other notable regattas around the world.
RYA licensed Skipper/Owner Christian Reynolds and First Mate Lucy Jones will be onboard to assist and facilitate during the regatta.
Details of the St. Thomas International Regatta itinerary.
Hi-Res Photos are also available. Please contact us with your specific needs.
For more information regarding SPS “Sailing with the Best” events, or to register for this event, please visit our website at www.safepassagesailing.com. Please feel free to call or e-mail SPS for more information: Tell them NauticEd sent you.
- Maneuvering a Catamaran - May 18, 2023
- Meet Sailing Instructor Warren Brown – New Zealand - April 11, 2023
- What is Propwalk on a Sailboat? - April 11, 2023