Bluefoot Travel is a NauticEd affiliated school and Private Crewed Charter Sailing Vacation couple who provide by-the-cabin or whole-boat sailing experiences up and down the Caribbean. Neil is an accomplished RYA Sailing Instructor. Both Samantha and Neil can provide sailing instruction while underway if you like. But their main focus is to give you a memorable sailing vacation.
We asked Samantha and Neil to write us a blog about St. Vincent and the Grenadines. And in their style, they went overboard with information providing a mini-cruising guide for the whole area.
You can see Sam and Neil’s sailing opportunities listed on the NauticEd Sailing Opportunities page.
Here is their article:
Imagine a necklace of 32 tropical islands and cays, only nine of them inhabited. Welcome to St. Vincent and the Grenadines! It is one of the most popular destinations in the world for leisure sailors, who go for its uncrowded anchorages and charming ports of call.
BlueFoot Travel, a NauticEd affiliated sailing school, provides shared cabin charters in the Caribbean and they have done 25 charters around St Vincent & The Grenadines in the last three years.
It is not surprising that St Vincent & The Grenadines is one of their guests’ favorite sailing destinations! Sailors are drawn by the great trade winds and incredible turquoise waters. Snorkelers and divers are drawn by the many underwater attractions, especially the coral-luscious Tobago Cays. And everyone is drawn to the remote islands with their secluded black and white sand beaches and lush tropical vegetation.
And to help you make the most of this amazing sailing area, Sam and Neil at BlueFoot Travel have prepared a detailed sailing itinerary and guide for you should you wish to charter in St Vincent & The Grenadines yourself.
Alternatively, you may like join them on board their yacht Nemo and build your miles with hands on sailing experience and skills development in the Grenadines. That way you can learn to sail around the region with them first, hone your sailing skills and build miles with Captain Neil, a NauticEd Level V Crew Rank Chief Instructor/Assessor , before going on your own bareboat charter.
St Vincent & The Grenadines Sailing Guide Overview
BlueFoot Travel’s sailing holidays are focussed on great hands-on sailing balanced with time to explore underwater and ashore and topped off with delicious healthy meals. Their sailing guide is aimed to highlight the great sailing routes and islands around St Vincent & The Grenadines and includes:
- 8 days of sailing itineraries with anchoring/mooring information and anchorage activity suggestions. There are so many different routes you can take. Which anchorage you visit first is mostly governed by the weather. This is their favorite route for getting a good sail in each day.
- Day 1 – Blue Lagoon – Cumberland Bay
- Day 2 – Cumberland Bay – Petit Nevis – Mustique
- Day 3 – Mustique – Mayreau
- Day 4 – Mayreau – Petit St Vincent
- Day 5 – Petit St Vincent – Union Island
- Day 6 – Union Island – Tobago Cays
- Day 7 – Tobago Cays – Bequia
- Day 8 – Bequia – Young Island
- Additional Information on
- Provisioning on all the islands
- Yacht Services
- Tour Guides
- Restaurant & Bar recommendations
- Chart Guidance – And while you are at it, why not take NauticEd’s Free Navigation Training. We definitely recommend that you refresh your navigation rules for IALA B before you sail in St Vincent & The Grenadines. If you are joining BlueFoot Travel on Nemo, they do daily chart reviews and Captain Neil is very happy to advise on navigation and do navigation exercises with you.
Download BlueFoot Travel’s Guide to Sailing in St Vincent & the Grenadines!
Neil & Sam
The BlueFoot Travel Team